Donate to Keep Me Blogging and RabblerousingPlease don't make me go back to practicing law -- at least not until after November 6, 2012.
Angry Black Tweets
- William Weeks on The Jerry Sandusky Rape Case: The History of the PSU Cover-up, Part IV
- Victoria on The Jerry Sandusky Rape Case: The History of the PSU Cover-up, Part I
- Maurice11 on Is Candy Crowley Getting Paid For The Work She's Doing For Romney?
- vsmith on Anna Brown: 29-year-old Black Woman Dies in Jail After Being Dragged By Police Out of Hospital
- princeofsoul on Anna Brown: 29-year-old Black Woman Dies in Jail After Being Dragged By Police Out of Hospital
- Virginia Sanders on How to help in Wisconsin.
- Nikki on A white woman talks about black women’s hair.
- wes on ‘New’ Witness Claims #TrayvonMartin Attacked Zimmerman [updated]
- George Cantrell on Doug Lamborn (R-WATB) Boycotting the State of the Union
- Deisy Bach on One More Win in the Fight Against the War on Women™, in Arizona
Today's Popular Posts
- Adam ‘MCA’ Yauch Dead at 47
- ABLC has moved to The Raw Story. [updated!]
- ABL Talks About #TrayvonMartin on the AlterNet Radio Hour with Joshua Holland
- ABL on The Hal Sparks Radio Show Talking About Stuff and Things
- Arizona law would criminalize being an a-hole on the Intertrons
- No Justice, No Peace: I Attended the Minneapolis Rally for Trayvon Martin
- We who believe in freedom will not rest until it comes.
- Tweet of the Day — Current TV Edition
- Land Day in Israel/Palestine and Fridays with Billy.
- Anna Brown: 29-year-old Black Woman Dies in Jail After Being Dragged By Police Out of Hospital
- Angry Black Reader Participation
- Celebrity Shenanigans
- Criminally Stupid
- Culture Critic
- Do The Right Thing
- International Shenanigans
- Lady Bits
- Legal Shenanigans
- LGBTQ Shenanigans
- Now That's Some Racist Bullsh*t
- Political Shenanigans
- Election 2012? Oy vey!
- Fox News Fvckery
- Libertarian Lunacy
- Obamacare? No, ObamaCares!
- Occupy Wall Street
- Orange Julius
- Our Pundits of Perpetual Disappointment
- Teabilly and GOP Mendacity
- War on Voting
- Read Me!
- Shits and Giggles
- Sports Shenanigans
- Tales and Tirades
- The Rest
- Weird Ass Shenanigans
Tagsabortion rights Angry Black Lady animals asshats Asshats on the Right Balloon Juice Barack Obama die in a fire Fox News fuckery gay stuff GOP Herman Cain hilarity Israel Jon Stewart kickass lady stuff legal mumbo jumbo LGBTQ Mitt Romney music no seriously that just happened Obama Palestine politics President Obama puritopians racism racist rape Republican primary Republicans Republicans are asshats Sarah Palin Teabillies Tea Party The Daily Show Twitter uterati videos weirdness women's health WTF!? YouTube
2010 Black Weblog Award Winner
Tag Archives: memes
Prepare for total domination.
There’s white and then there’s whiiiiiiiite. This is the latter. You know what it reminds me of?
This: Continue reading
1, 2, 3, TAKE OFF YOUR PANTS!!!
Because it’s funny and I have a feeling at least one of my readers ::cough cough Danielle:: removed her pants before I said “2.”
[remiiiiiix after the jump] Continue reading
He has represented his party twice on the COUNTY BALLOT!
This guy is yelling about becoming the GOP nominee for the Stark County Treasurer’s office. And he’s really shouty about it.
[one of the eleventy trillion remixes that will flood the YewTewbz after the jump]
Paul Vasquez aka Yosemite Bear, the guy who is famous for his epic joy over seeing a double rainbow in Yosemite National Park, gave an interview to Urlesque. He sounds like a pretty cool guy, actually:
“It wasn’t a big surprise to me,” he tells me. Before this video in January, Paul, also known as Hungry Bear and Yosemitebear, had uploaded over 250 videos of his life ten miles from Yosemite National Park, his stint as a cagefighter, his small business breeding Queensland Heeler puppies, the young visitors to his organic farm, and several rainbows in Yosemite. He wondered, he says, “When am I gonna go viral?”
Bear wasn’t high, by the way. It was just an intense experience. “You could feel the rays, like from the sun or from a heat lamp, only it was rainbow rays. It knocked me down. And that’s why I had that reaction! The camera only captures 40% of the color. You can’t imagine how intense it was.
“It looked like God’s eye looking at me. That’s why I had that reaction, why I said ‘What does this mean?’” It felt like a sign to Bear, who compares his farm to Noah’s Ark. (Paul raises chickens, turkeys hatched from wild eggs, breeds puppies, and cares for 25 fruit trees and three greenhouses.)
“When am I gonna go viral?” I’m used to hearing that from the makers of mediocre web shows. But I was glad to see that Bear has no agenda he’s pushing. He won’t even run ads on the video, though YouTube has offered the option. “I’m not opposed to making money, I just don’t want to degrade it or disrespect it,” he says. “This was given to me by the creator, and it’s a sacred thing, and you don’t mess up something just for money. I don’t have very much money – that’s probably why – but this is why these things come to me.”
You can read the rest of the article here. It’s cute. He and his family are adorable.
Here’s the part of the article that made laugh right aloud:
WHAT DOES IT MEAN!?!
This guy is tripping. I went to Oberlin. I know. He just is. No sober man cries at the sight of a double rainbow. He’s like the Drinking Out of Cups guy times a thousand.
If you listen to it without watching the video, it sounds like he’s ‘batin’, a la Idiocracy: “GO AWAY! I’M ‘BATIN’!!!”
Okay, fine, this has been circulating the internets for a couple days…. but, but, BUT… have you heard the remix?
Check it out after the jump. [It's totes worth it.]
Remember this crazyass from Alabama? Mr. Dale Peterson? Whelp, he got served. Pwned. Dissed.
Whatever the kids are saying these days.
Wizard of ASS!
For those of you who don’t know because you have been trapped under something heavy for the past few weeks, Betty White hosted Saturday Night Live this weekend. And you know what? She murdered it. Right in its face. Seth Meyer tweeted late Saturday night that she got a standing ovation at the after party. And well deserved, I’d say. Although many of past female cast members showed up to support her, I guess in case she decided she should be napping instead of running around on stage for an hour. But don’t misunderestimate Betty White! She was in every damn skit. I half expected her to get up on stage and start rapping with “Jayze.” (Jay-Z killed it, by the way. He even dedicated Forever Young to her. Awwww!)
Her monologue was spot on: She made sure to thank Facebook for campaigning for her 88 1/2 year old self to host SNL. She then admitted that she didn’t know what Facebook was until recently, but that it seemed like a big waste of time. And then she, essentially, called all us Facebook enthusiasts a bunch of losers. And let’s face it, we sort of are:
Betty gave Alec Baldwin’s Schweddy Balls a run for their money with her recipe for her Crusty Muffins on “The Delicious Dish” (Can I just say how much I love Ana Gasteyer? Seriously.):