Donate to Keep Me Blogging and RabblerousingPlease don't make me go back to practicing law -- at least not until after November 6, 2012.
Angry Black Tweets
- William Weeks on The Jerry Sandusky Rape Case: The History of the PSU Cover-up, Part IV
- Victoria on The Jerry Sandusky Rape Case: The History of the PSU Cover-up, Part I
- Maurice11 on Is Candy Crowley Getting Paid For The Work She's Doing For Romney?
- vsmith on Anna Brown: 29-year-old Black Woman Dies in Jail After Being Dragged By Police Out of Hospital
- princeofsoul on Anna Brown: 29-year-old Black Woman Dies in Jail After Being Dragged By Police Out of Hospital
- Virginia Sanders on How to help in Wisconsin.
- Nikki on A white woman talks about black women’s hair.
- wes on ‘New’ Witness Claims #TrayvonMartin Attacked Zimmerman [updated]
- George Cantrell on Doug Lamborn (R-WATB) Boycotting the State of the Union
- Deisy Bach on One More Win in the Fight Against the War on Women™, in Arizona
Today's Popular Posts
- Adam ‘MCA’ Yauch Dead at 47
- ABLC has moved to The Raw Story. [updated!]
- ABL Talks About #TrayvonMartin on the AlterNet Radio Hour with Joshua Holland
- ABL on The Hal Sparks Radio Show Talking About Stuff and Things
- Arizona law would criminalize being an a-hole on the Intertrons
- No Justice, No Peace: I Attended the Minneapolis Rally for Trayvon Martin
- We who believe in freedom will not rest until it comes.
- Tweet of the Day — Current TV Edition
- Land Day in Israel/Palestine and Fridays with Billy.
- Anna Brown: 29-year-old Black Woman Dies in Jail After Being Dragged By Police Out of Hospital
- Angry Black Reader Participation
- Celebrity Shenanigans
- Criminally Stupid
- Culture Critic
- Do The Right Thing
- International Shenanigans
- Lady Bits
- Legal Shenanigans
- LGBTQ Shenanigans
- Now That's Some Racist Bullsh*t
- Political Shenanigans
- Election 2012? Oy vey!
- Fox News Fvckery
- Libertarian Lunacy
- Obamacare? No, ObamaCares!
- Occupy Wall Street
- Orange Julius
- Our Pundits of Perpetual Disappointment
- Teabilly and GOP Mendacity
- War on Voting
- Read Me!
- Shits and Giggles
- Sports Shenanigans
- Tales and Tirades
- The Rest
- Weird Ass Shenanigans
Tagsabortion rights Angry Black Lady animals asshats Asshats on the Right Balloon Juice Barack Obama die in a fire Fox News fuckery gay stuff GOP Herman Cain hilarity Israel Jon Stewart kickass lady stuff legal mumbo jumbo LGBTQ Mitt Romney music no seriously that just happened Obama Palestine politics President Obama puritopians racism racist rape Republican primary Republicans Republicans are asshats Sarah Palin Teabillies Tea Party The Daily Show Twitter uterati videos weirdness women's health WTF!? YouTube
2010 Black Weblog Award Winner
Author Archives: Extreme Liberal
Thank you Rachel Maddow for being honest with the American people.
Mommy, I’m Scared!
Some of the rhetoric coming from the Republican candidates for president makes me wonder if a group of paranoid schizophrenics weren’t prematurely released from a mental institution, without their meds.
I’ve pasted one example from each candidate of that paranoia. Search in Google to find many more or just watch a cable news network for a half hour.
Newt Gingrich: “All of you should be very deeply concerned about national security. Barack Obama is the most dangerous president in modern American history,” Gingrich said.
Rick Santorum: “President Obama once said he wants everybody in America to go to college. What a snob,” said the former senator from Pennsylvania. “There are good, decent men and women who go out and work hard every day and put their skills to test that aren’t taught by some liberal college professor to try to indoctrinate them. Oh, I understand why he wants you to go to college. He wants to remake you in his image.”
If there has ever been a better example of someone being given a national platform who has no business being in the role, it is Sarah Palin. Watch this clip, if you can, or read the partial transcript (after the jump) courtesy of Steve M. at Booman’s Tribune.
I just love when our President calls out the Republicans on their stupidity. Since the media just plays along with them, it falls on the President to do it himself. And he does it sooooo well, doesn’t he?
Cross-posted at Extreme Liberal’s Blog
The Wing-nut Takeover Of the GOP Continues
I’ve never understood how people who call themselves Christians can belong to the Republican Party. I read the Bible many years ago and seem to remember lessons that taught me to care for my fellow humans, to show compassion, to turn the other cheek and to do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
That doesn’t exactly describe the modern Republican Party now does it?
With the craziness happening in the political world over contraception, the following story from ThinkProgress makes me think that the GOP is overcompensating in their reaction to the contraceptive issue.
Earlier this month, the nation was barraged with media coverage of the Catholic Bishops’ opposition to regulations promulgated under the Affordable Care Act protecting working women’s access to contraception. The loudness of the bishops’ complaints, which were echoed by conservative luminaries ranging from Speaker John Boehner to GOP presidential frontrunners Rick Santorum and Mitt Romney, easily could have conveyed the misimpression that churches and other religious groups are at odds with the Affordable Care Act.
Common refrains from people who say it didn’t work:
- But Obama promised that unemployment would be less than 8%. Horseshit on a stick. First, he didn’t “promise” a damn thing, if everything an incoming president says is turned into a “promise”, well then there has been a whole lot of promise breaking going on in our history. Second, the cautious prediction made during the transition was based on the numbers that the outgoing Bush administration was feeding the Obama team. They were flat out wrong and completely underestimated what was going on in our economy. Hey media, that’s called context. Buy some at the local C-store.
In keeping with the alternate reality created by Fox News and perpetuated by its minions like Rush Limbaugh, the anchors at Fox News are questioning the recent uptick in the number of jobs created in the private sector. They are pushing the idea that the books have been “cooked.” It is really astounding how obvious they are in their attempts to keep their alternate reality propped up. Alex Seitz-Wald at ThinkProgress spells it out pretty clearly.
If it weren’t improper to psychologically analyse strangers, one might think the Fox hosts are displaying a textbook example of cognitive dissonance here, a psychological phenomena in which people who hold a strong belief about something invent (sometimes far fetched) explanations for new evidence that conflicts with their existing views. Obama is bad for the economy, the jobs numbers show the economy is doing better, so there must be something wrong with the jobs numbers.
|The Daily Show With Jon Stewart||Mon – Thurs 11p / 10c|
|Indecision 2012 – Mitt Romney on the Poor|
We have 10 more months to go until the election. It’s going to be really fun.