Anyway, here’s a bunch of stuff you may have missed last week. The long and short of it is: The GOP is trying to set up shop in your uterus — still.
I don’t know what makes Republicans think women want a tiny government in their vaginae. The Uterati is not amused.
And with that impossibly short introduction, here are your top twelve popular posts from last week:
- Skinhead Sheriff Paul Babeu: Open the Danged Closet - Allan regales you with the tale of yet another Republican nutbag who was forced out of the closet by a man who risked deportation by said nutbag. As Simon Maloy hilariously put it:
If you can’t deport the one you love, honey, deport the one you’re with.
— Simon Maloy (@SimonMaloy) February 19, 2012
- Why I Support Obama. - ‘Nuff said.
- GOP Justification for State-Sanctioned Rape in Virginia - The Virginia GOP wants to go spelunking in your lady-cave and you have no say in the matter. Once vaginally penetrated, always vaginally penetrated. Them’s the rules.
- GOP Cannot Deny War On Women -Bon the Geek draws disturbing parallels between the GOP’s collective mentality towards women, and the mentality of those who commit violence against women. It’s frightening.
- ESPN Owes Jeremy Lin an Apology [updated] - Protip: Don’t use the word “chink” in any context that includes Asian-Americans. It’s not that hard. Seriously.
- Happy Valentine’s Day, Ladies of Virginia! Your GOP Hates You and Your Uteri - asiangrrlMN stabs Virginia in the vagina with her rusty pitchfork™. Why? Because Virginia is waging war on your vagina! (Which is weird since you can’t spell “Virginia” without “vagina.” Or something.)
- Birth control mandate a First Amendment violation? Not so fast. - Ian Boudreau discusses whether or not the birth control mandate violates the First Amendment. ~SPOILER ALERT!~ It doesn’t.
- GOP Sez: You’re a Slut. I Sez: Maybe So, But Not For You! -asiangrrlMN is calling for a Lysistrata. Don’t know what that is? Well, read this post.
- The Obama-Santorum Conspiracy - Nicholas Wilbur explains what’s up with the Santorum surge and concludes that whatever is up with the surge, it’s good news for
John McCainBarack Obama.
- Fox and the GOP Want to Wage War on Women? Game. On. - asiangrrlMN explains that Fox News hates women. She then stabs Fox repeatedly with her rusty pitchfork™.
- Romney’s Anti-Detroit Op-Ed, Translated - roadkillrefugee dissects Mittens’ anti-Detroit op-ed. In the words of one Hal Sparks, it is breathtaking.***
- Where Are The Republican Women On This? - Zandar wants to know what Republican women think about their party’s assault on their lady-business. What say you? Oh, who am I kidding, there are no Republican women reading this blog.
- BONUS: Battle for Choice Heats Up in Alaska - New blogger emokidsloveme brings you some news about the GOP’s attempt to get all up in your Alaskan lady business. She is now a bona fide Angry Black Lady. And she’s actually a Black Lady. So basically, this blog is winning at life. ~sparkle~
*** I was on the Hal Sparks show on Saturday. If you missed it which you probably did because WHITNEY! (~sob~), I should have a podcast link available soon. RIGHT, HAL!?